Everyone has a toothbrush or two laying around that are either 1 – too old and frayed or 2 – ready to be replaced. But don’t throw them out just yet! Here are some great uses for your old toothbrushes:
- Clean appliances. This can go for a toaster, microwave, cheese grater, anything you like! A toothbrush makes it easy to scrub all those crumbs and stains from hard to reach places.
- Clean the grout in your kitchen or bathroom. Combine baking soda and water to make a paste, then spread it with your old toothbrush. Your tiles will be gleaming!
- Apply hair dye. For quick touchups on grey hairs or roots, or blending in color to your hair, a toothbrush works like a charm and keeps your hands clean!
- Clean your fingernails. Say goodbye to dirt under your grubby fingernails!
- Clean jewelry. Used toothbrushes are perfect for your favorite accessories. The bristles are gentle and fit perfectly in between those tricky areas.
- Cleaning your keyboard. Nothing is more frustrating than dust and dirt in between the keys. A dry toothbrush will remove any grime in a matter of seconds.
- Add texture to art projects. Are you an artist? Give your clays, oil, or acrylic paintings a fun texture using a sweeping motion.
- Exfoliate your lips. Say goodbye to dry, chapped lips! A gentle scrub over your lips will get all that nasty, unwanted gunk off. Just make sure your toothbrush isn’t too old and dirty before you do this one!
It’s super important to remember to change your toothbrush (or head on your electric toothbrush) every THREE months to avoid spreading harmful bacteria and to make sure you are effectively brushing. Next time you replace your brush, make sure to remember all the good miscellaneous uses it has before throwing it away!
Time to replace your toothbrush or head? Visit realtoothbrushdeals.com for replacements at a great price!