People don’t normally view teeth as an interesting topic. But what you don’t tend to realize is how important teeth really are in your everyday life. They help you speak, chew and smile. Here are 10 fun facts about your teeth!
- No two people have the same set of teeth. Your teeth are as unique as your fingerprint, so be proud of them!
- An average person spends 38.5 days total brushing their teeth over their lifetime
- Teeth start to form before we are even born
- Tooth decay is the second most common disease (the common cold is the first!)
- Cleaning between your teeth is just as important as cleaning the parts you see
- Teeth start to look yellow when the white enamel is worn down, causing it to become translucent
- Roughly 25% of adults DO NOT brush twice daily
- The NHS estimates 1 in 3 adults have tooth decay
- Teeth are the hardest part of your body. Yes, even harder than bones!
- The inside of your teeth is blood vessels and nerves
How many of these fun facts did you know? And do you have any of your own to share with us? Who knew that these little bones in our mouths could be so interesting!
*Note: All facts have been gathered from multiple internet sources